Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Album Love

Tourist History, Two Door Cinema Club

The Only Place, Best Coast

Chutes Too Narrow, The Shins

Consolers of the Lonely, The Raconteurs

Ode to Sunshine, Delta Spirit

Gorilla Manor, Local Natives

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming., M83

The White Album, The Beatles

W H O K I L L, tune-yards. 

Wilco (The Album), Wilco

Since I've had so much time on my hands this summer, I've been rediscovering the best albums in my iTunes library and listening to music pretty much 24/7 (it goes hand in hand with an online shopping addiction).

While these aren't necessarily my favorite albums of all time, they are definitely some of my favorite album covers. If I had to choose a favorite, it'd probably be Delta Spirit's album cover for Ode to Sunshine. I read somewhere that the man in the photo was an uncle of one of the band members, however that could just be urban legend. 

Either way, Delta Spirit remains one of my favorite bands of all time (coming in right behind The Shins), and the album cover is a gem. 

Also, I want to turn Best Coast's album cover for The Only Place into a giant poster and hang it on my wall. Guess that's the California girl in me. 

Cheers, 
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment